Tuesday, July 8, 2014

New Straits Times NiE Interview

I received a pleasant surprise in May when the New Straits Time NiE unit contacted me for a possible interview. Apparently one of their young journalists proposed my name for their Doodling issue! This was my first proper newspaper interview and yes, I guess you can say I was pretty psyched! I rummaged through my past artwork and pretty much packed almost everything!

Which to bring?
The date of the interview was set to be on 30 May 2014. However, on the morning of 29 May, I was suddenly struck with vertigo and threw up non-stop the whole day through. I had no choice but to cancel the appointment and was really hoping the NST people could rearrange for a new date. Thankfully, they agreed to have me at their office on 6 June. Phew!

I went alone to their office in Bangsar and was so nervous that I forgot to take any photos with the kind staffs. The story is set to appear in the NiE website in September. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment