Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Custom doodle for Sulia

I was approached by a colleague who wanted a name doodle. I have to admit that she asked me quite some time ago and I took about 5-6 months to finish her doodle. It's not like I did it every day but I did very few doodles and far in between.
Started with a swirly handlettering of the client's name
 My biggest problem in doing custom work is the fear of not being able to please the client and sometimes people would like me to draw things which are not my style (nor do I have the ability to draw well e.g. portraits).
Artist problems: Cramped fingers
WIP
My trusty Artline Drawing System pens
So in the case of this custom doodle for Sulia, it was more of like an artist block as I felt like I was stuck in the same pattern rut. Instagram and Pinterest have been huge sources of inspiration for me and I remember it was through Instagram that I found this artist called billijincarle. Her doodles were something I've never seen before and gave me such inspiration that I doodled non-stop for days to finish up the order.
Finally done. Alhamdulillah.
The doodle is now safely hung in Sulia's office, love how it looks framed!
It's always an amazing feeling to see your artwork on someone's wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment