Sunday, November 17, 2013

Uni Paint Marker and Pilot Choose Gel Ink Pen - Review


I have been on this white-ink-pen search far and wide lately only to find it in the bookstore nearest to my house. Prior to finding a fine tip white ink pen, I used Uni white paint marker which, while great to cover up spots on walls (or even cars I was told), produced inconsistent lines as you had to shake and press it up and down to have the ink flow every now and then. It does produce clumsy blotches here and there. UniThe big tip also meant that I can't go into details as usual.  Some artwork that I produced using the marker:
Uni Paint Marker - White. Image taken from www.staples.com


Went to Manila in October and this was how I remember it. Gorgeous art everywhere, skyscrapers and traffic jam! Drawn using Uni Paint Marker - White. 

Trees. Drawn using Uni Paint Marker - White.

Night. Drawn using Uni Paint Marker - White.

Come fly with me. Drawn using Uni Paint Marker - White.

I was never a fan of Pilot drawing pens, preferring Artline drawing system lines as the ink flows better on Moleskine Cahier covers. However, Pilot also has the only white gel ink pen in town so that's what I got. The darndest thing is, up to the moment I was searching for images of the white pen to put in the blog a few mins ago, I kept thinking that it's by Pentel.

Pilot Choose Gel Ink Pen - White, 0.7mm. Image taken from www.jetpens.com 
So I have to admit, I underestimated the Pilot Choose Gel Ink in white. The tip measures 0.7mm. The ink wasn't as white as I expected but it does have a sort of chalk on board kind of effect. The ink flows smoothly and I didn't even have to press hard on paper. It retails at RM3.80 and also available in silver and gold. Which I also got on the same day. :)
Spiky mountains inspired by one of my favourite artists on Instagra,, melkadel. Drawn using Pilot Choose Gel Ink Pen in white, 0.7mm
Drawn using Pilot Choose Gel Ink Pen in white, 0.7mm

Can't wait to draw more things with the pen!

No comments:

Post a Comment